Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Some color in the yard today

 It was fun seeing some of the colorful song birds back in the yard today.  The Bluebirds seem interested in one of the Bluebird Houses.  There are many, many American Goldfinch around and they are singing.

The Rose Breasted Grosbeak males are so very pretty.




Always a thrill for me is seeing the Indigo Bunting male.


I have not put out the jelly feeders yet, but the Baltimore Orioles seemed to like having some suet in their diet today.


 I also saw a Yellow Rumped Warbler and Purple Finch, but no photos yet.

***
I had my first visit with my new primary care nurse practitioner yesterday.  We need a title for these professionals, they are not doctors but they are more than a nurse too. Anyway, Kayla was very nice.  One of my nagging issues is my sleep, or lack of.  She suggested that I try Melatonin.  I had used it years ago when I was working nights, but had not given it a thought in recent years.
I stopped at Walgreens and picked up a bottle of 10 mg tablets.
Last night, at bedtime, I swallowed one of the tablets and headed to bed.
I slept like a log, which never happens.
But, when I got up for bathroom visits, I felt very wobbly.  I was cautious but wondered if the Melatonin was a little strong.  This morning, after getting out of bed, I felt very strange.  I started thinking about my conversation with NP Kayla and remembered that she suggested starting with 3 mg and then adding more if I did not get a good result.
I'll wait a few days and try the Melatonin again, but I'll cut the tablet in half this time.
I think I have a safe solution to my sleep issues.

Life is good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails