Sunday, March 24, 2024

Emily & Michael ♥️

 I have given some thought to the way communication happens these days, especially with regard to social media but also with texting. 

I am sometimes caught by surprise when I learn of a death or other serious events via social media. But, I am learning, that this is becoming the stsndard method of communication in this day.  

Few people send out thank you notes, birth announcements and the like. It is just so convenient to post on social media and reach almost everyone who needs to know. 

A couple of weeks ago, I got an email from a cousin containing a statement 'forward if you see fit' and a link to the obituary for her recently deceased, young husband.  I was shocked as I had not heard that he had passed.  But, as I think about it, I understand how much easier it would be to notify family & friends via email. The many phone calls that I made after Dad died were exhausting.  I am not sorry that I made those calls, but it was very difficult & very emotional. 

So,  I understand using email, and I'm getting used to the new conventions of communication.

My attitudes are adjusting to the reality of 2024.

Yesterday, I saw, on Facebook, that my great niece Emily, and her fiancé Michael, had tied the knot.  It is joyful news and I was delighted to see the family photos of Emily, Michael, and their precious Evelyn.

Here are the photos that were posted. The private courthouse wedding was on 2024.02.15.






Congratulations!

♥️

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails