Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Celebrating 70

 Today I finished my 70th year on this earth and began my 71st.  Celebrating 70 seems hard to imagine.  I remember asking Dad what it was like to turn 90 and he said, in here, I don't feel 90, it's just out there that I look 90.  I understand that a bit.

It was a nice birthday.  Sitting in the living room this morning I looked out to see the Northern Cardinal flock perched in my maple trees.  What a treat.

The wind was catching his cone head.

I see 6 Cardinals.

What a birthday gift to be able to lounge in my living room and look out the window to see these lovelies.  I am grateful beyond measure.

Glenn & Kathy and Lois came to Rice Lake for lunch today.  We met at the Rice Lake Family Restaurant.  I asked for the big 'Gus' table and Glenn announced in true Gus style, "Here's the deal", with regard to paying the check.  Laila & Gus were with us in spirit.

We sat and chatted long enough that we saw the tables around us turn over once or twice.

I received some nice gifts for my birthday.

Laila sent a fun night light.  It's a soothing add-on to my living room.


My friends Karen and Mark sent a fancy bar of dark chocolate with chilis.  Very tasty and unique.  Clever 70 tie in.




And friend Suzie sent a subscription to a glossy magazine with interesting articles and fantastic photography.  I will love reading and enjoying the photos.



Glenn bought my lunch.

I received several birthday cards in the mail, several ecards in my email, Facebook greetings TNTC and many text messages, the first of many woke me before I was quite ready to start my day, but it was all good.

Dad & Ev made a comment in their later years about gifts...
"if I can't read it, eat it or drink it, I don't want it."

It was a very good day.

I'm very grateful for family and friends and good chocolate.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails