Friday, July 22, 2022

Something Quilty

I met Sharon & Mary for lunch in Hayward today.  We ate at a bustling spot, The Hayward Family Restaurant. My avocado & chicken salad was so tasty,  I'll have it again next time. 
Hayward is a busy tourist town, it was pretty easy to spot the cabin people looking for lunch or breakfast.  How fun it must be to vacation in the Hayward area. 
After lunch,  I decided to head to Siren to a quilt store I had been wanting to check out.  I took State Highway 77. What a beautiful drive. Plenty of giant pine trees and rivers & lakes along the way. 


 The quilt store, Something Quilty, is a real gem.  My new favorite shop.  Not only did she have a public restroom, but a very nice shop with a wonderful variety of fabrics, notions, kits  and other fun decor.   The shop is nicely organized with plenty of light and space and several quilts displayed high on the wall. 

Owner Traci was very friendly.  We had a nice chat, discoving several friends in common.   She had her son working there,  she described him as an 'over sized teenager'.  It was a delightful visit, and I picked up some fabric to sew napkins for a couple of wedding gifts & some sweet little baby girl flannel to make some baby items. More to come on that project.

It was a good drive,  I finished my audiobook, did not run into very much traffic and enjoyed beautiful Wisconsin.  

I was very happy to see home-sweet-home & will spend the rest of the weekend with my sewing projects & staying cool.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails