Monday, April 25, 2022

Little road trip

 This morning I met my very good friend Mary for breakfast. It is Mary's birthday today and we are the same age again.   Mary's husband Rick and brother-in-law Leroy were there too.  On the way North to Trego it rained and then snowed.  

Winter is having a hard time saying goodbye.

Back in RL, I took a tour of Lakeshore drive.  The ice is off the lake and there are an abundance of waterfowl.  I saw Grebes and Canda Geese, Loons & several varieties of ducks that I'll need help from Sibley to identify.

Along the way I admired the new art installations. These are stunning and tasteful.

Trusty Rusty, the draft horse

Looks like a map of Rice Lake on this pedestal.
This deserves a closer look on a nicer day.




Wooly the Mammoth

I'll go back on a sunny day and spend more time enjoying these works of art.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails