Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Goofy

My phone has an app that tracks healthy behavior,  our lack of it.
It's funny how a little encouragement can motivate me to be more active. 
The phone nags if you don't get 65 minutes of activity. 
There are also step count challenges offered and I rather enjoy those. 

Last month I missed completing the challenge goal by several thousand steps. 
So I ranked about the midway point of those who signed on.
Some people must walk about 4 hours a day to get all these steps.
Maybe they are mostly mail delivery folks on foot?




This month I'm off to a good start.  
But where this gets goofy is that the challenge has awards at milestones/stars as you rack up the steps. And sometimes, a timer pops up on the star.  Then the message says, you must achieve this goal by midnight to get the star.
And by 'getting the star', I mean a text message from the phone saying Good Job.

The bottom line is that by midnight Monday night,  
I needed to hit 25000 steps for the September challenge.  
So, I walked 3.5 miles Monday morning thinking that would do it. 
That was not enough.
Well, I ended up at Wal-Mart at 9pm walking the aisles until I earned the star. 

But I got the goofy star.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails