Thursday, February 24, 2011

Taa Daa

Wednesday night was the final class of my Beginning Woodworking course at WITC.  
The class was 4 weeks long and I accomplished more than I expected.  
Most importantly I used the table saw and the band saw, 2 machines that I had not used before.  
And as a bonus, I have 2 new fly through bird feeders for my deck.  
The folks at Luck Lumber helped me pick out the right cedar to use, 
and the WITC instructor Chad helped me with my design.  
The class was fun and I learned a lot.  
My main goal was to use the table saw so that I would feel comfortable using Dad's.  
I think I accomplished that.
Here are my bird feeders.
I am planning to add a little decorative corner in the gable peaks.
I might look for a little copper trim for the peak.
A little seed pan will sit in the base.
All that is left is to fit them to the deck railing on the front deck and to give them a heavy coat of Thompson's Water Seal.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails