Friday, July 30, 2021

Food and stuff

I do love food. And throughout my entire adult life I have had to try to balance loving food with my tendency to gain weight. The last few years my balance has not been that good. Probably winning a year's worth of ice cream wasn't a big help, although it was tasty, and spending 18 months at home during pandemic offered many opportunities to snack and now a painful knee, awaiting replacement, restricts my ability to get much exercise.

As a result, my orthopedic surgeon has referred me to a nutritionist to work on losing a significant amount of weight before having my knee replaced. I met with Karla today. It was an interesting meeting because she wasn't trying to prescribe a meal plan or even a calorie count. We just talked about some habits and tendencies that I have and agreed on some tactics for doing better & avoiding pitfalls. Since I was referred by my general practitioner, Medicare will pay for a series of appointments with Karla and I'm going to take full advantage. I will use the Weight Watchers methodology to track my food but, right now, meeting with Karla is more attractive to me then heading to my local Weight Watcher meeting to weigh in.

I stopped for groceries on my way home.  I'm on my way to a new knee.

■●■●■●■

In today's paper was the article I sent in about our class reunion.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails