Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Ah-Ha

 Sometimes you have to get to work on a project before you get a brainstorm. Sometimes it comes quickly or it may take a couple of sessions of elbow grease. I have been thinking about this bench over at the church.  I started scrubbing it but needed to go back with more soapy water.  Since there is another cousin's memorial there on Saturday, I wanted to get over there to work on the bench before then.  I hopped in the car this morning with 4 jugs of water and a scrub brush.  


The scrubbing was working pretty well.


I finally had my Ah-Ha moment though.  This bench needs to be power washed.  Then it can be sanded a bit and finally painted.  It is a little loose, but is constructed with lag bolts, so it should be able to be tightened to firm it up.  Maybe a few screws need to be added as well.  This bench is worth saving.

Here is today after my effort.  Much better than the before that I will post below.
It is a very lovely spot to sit.  I had my lawn chair and took a break from my work.  It is shady and very pretty.  I could hear some fisher-people on the lake below.

The bench is not damaged, but the algae has been busy growing on it. 
A good power washing and that will be gone.

The bench is very 'sittable' now.

Before...



Glenn has agreed to bring his power washer and there is a water supply at the church fairly close by.  I am hoping this works into Glenn's schedule next week.  It will be nice to have it done and painted & useable....and off my list.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails