Friday, July 16, 2021

A big day

 Laila arrived on Tuesday. I met her and Glenn at the Culver's in Baldwin. We had lunch and then stopped at Dana & Erin's for a visit.

Wednesday, we had to be in Luck for a meeting I had at the bank. It rained hard on the drive over.  After my meeting, Laila & I had a good visit with nephew Kyle.  We ate dinner at Tokyo back in Rice Lake.

Thursday was the memorial service for Sonja, our 2nd cousin.  It was a very nice service and so nice to see all of the cousins we grew up with.


Sonie was a big baseball fan, and she loved The ⚾️ Twins.


After the lunch at the Parrish Hall, I stepped out the back door and took a photo of the Dane School building.

West Denmark Danish School

×××

About 15+ years ago, my Aunt Johanne got together with friend Erling Grmstrup, and they decided to put a sitting area on the front lawn of the church to honor their parents. Ansgar & Frederikke (my grandparents) were good friends with Kamma & Ansgar Grumstrup.  This sitting spot included a rather large kidney shaped flower bed under a flowering crab tree & a long wooden bench.  
Now, the bench wood is starting to rot.  The bushes were overgrown.  Judy is Erling's daughter and lives near the church. She has started revitalizing this sitting spot. The old bushes are gone and she has been working the soil.  She asked if the Johansen family could lend a hand.  



After the lunch, Glenn & Kathy, Laila and I had a little look at the sitting area and talked about what we can do to help.  
Now we are in search of a new bench.  And I will start stopping there on my trips to the cemetery to pull weeds, water & fertilize.

Then we took some silly photos around a huge oak tree that is nearby.


Laila and I stopped at Angie's and had a nice long visit with her, Owen, August and the little kitten Phoebe.

Then we stopped at The Bon Ton and we caught up with Lois & the cousins again at the afterglow in Sonie's name.


When we got back to Rice Lake, we had marguerites & appetizers at Adventures.

It was a long day,  and a good one.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails