Friday, July 2, 2021

West Denmark quick trip

 I had heard from cousin Kathy that the cemetery has been the beneficiary of some volunteer work.

First, many years of vegetation was cleared along the fence.  That was a very nice improvement. 

Then the wrought iron fence got a crisp coat of paint. It really looks sharp. I'm not sure who is responsible,  but I want to send a thank you so I'll do my research. 

UPDATE: This project was the brainchild of Ed Johansen*  as a public service project for his workers at Polk Burnett Electric Co-op. 

(*Ed is the son of Dean Johansen. Different West Denmark Johansen clan, 
no relation to me.)



I ran over today to give Dad & Ev's flowers a good dose of water and Miracle-Gro & I sprayed deer repellent on the Impatiens too.   

This is the view from up the hill behind their bench. 

I walked up the hill to water the new hosta at cousin Sonie's grave, we will gather to celebrate Sonja's life on July 15th.  

I also wanted to pay my respects to cousin Reimert.  I wasn't able to attend Reimert's memorial last weekend. 


■■■

The main reason I ran over today was to drop off one of my artsy-fartsy-ied  photographs of two trumpeter swans that I took a few years ago & then used an iPad program called Waterlogue to turn it into a watercolor.   Pastor Linda had sent me an email asking if I had any thing like that for a spot she was trying to fill at the Dane School apartment.


She thought this would be perfect.  
I'm very happy to know it will be hanging in the old Dane School.

The traffic going over to Luck was not bad until Cumberland. East bound boats and motohomes and cars and trucks (mostly bearing Minnesota plates) were backed up from the Cumberland 4-way stop west for about 1 mile, or more.  
When I came home,  I went South to hwy 8. It was busy but there aren't any bottle necks like that Cumberland mess.  I bet that is a major cluster tonight.

☆☆☆☆☆

I'm already hearing fire crackers in my neighborhood.  I am not a fan of the noise, not too mention it is crazy dry.  I'll be sticking pretty close to home this weekend. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails