Sunday, July 4, 2021

July 4th, 245 Years of America

 Hot and humid and windy.  Perfect 4th of July weather.  

When I was at the brewery, the holidays were key to making our financial sales goals and we always hoped for great weather across the country.  This year, I have to think that beer sales will be maxing out.  It is perfect weather for drinking beer and celebrating the holiday.

🍺 🍺 🍺

My first day lily opened, there are many buds so it looks to be a good year.

First, 2021

My friend Ruby, who sold me this old ladder for $3, was asking if the Hops were climbing the ladder this year.  They are doing pretty good.  I've had to haul water down to them about every other day, if we could have some rain, they might be doing even better.

I was watering a couple of pots out front when this Hummingbird Moth flew in and started jamming on the Petunias.

It was the first of these Moths that I have seen this summer.  The photos are crappy, I was using my cellphone and he would not sit still.

Second on the Day Lily scorecard are these bright yellows.  They always have the most buds / blooms too.  They are so bright in the sunshine, wowser!



Another 4th of July has come and gone, I guess this would be my 69th.
Cheers!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails