Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Did I get the shot

  • Tonight, the Spring Valley Cardinals played the Chetek Weyerhaeuser Bulldogs, girls basketball. Chetek is only about 11 miles from my house so it was a real treat for me to have a short drive. I went early and watched the JV game. They only played one half because of a shortage of players for the Chetek team. 

  • I had a good feeling watching that game that the varsity game would go in favor of the Spring Valley Cardinals, and I was right. The Varsity matchup was a close game with many lead changes but in the end, Spring Valley won 51 to 42.
It was my first basketball game of this year's season.  I have to try to remember how to best capture the action on the court with my camera.  It's a learning curve every time we switch sports seasons.

I got Alyxis shooting the three but the shot of the ball going through the hoop is not in focus. But I don't mind this fuzzy photo because you can still see the ball falling through the hoop and you can see the referees signaling for the three-point score. 



  • What I really love about watching Lexi play is when she turns on that smile! When something good happens on the court, she beams with joy. We saw that smile up-close after the game when she came to thank us for coming and give us our post-game hugs. 
  • It was a very fun night.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails