Saturday, December 21, 2019

Only good things

My friend Malia keeps a jar of  'Only Good Things'.  
Each week she writes down something good that happened that week and puts it in the jar.  At the end of the year or beginning of the new year, she opens the jar and gets a nice reminder of the good things that happen that get forgotten over the course of 12 months. 

I'm going to do start a jar this year.  
I plan to spend New Year's Eve 2020 reading the good news of the past year!  
I'll probably post them here as well.

My first entry will be something that already happened this week, 
but will carryover into 2020.

I buy all my gas, most of my milk, bananas, ice cream & eggs at Kwik Trip.  This version of the 7eleven 'rip & run' is my go to place for ATM use as well (no fee).  KT recently implemented a loyalty card program.  Since I signed up, I get weekly emails announcing fuel discounts with purchase of certain items, as well as sale prices for products.  Recently I got an email inviting me to apply for their credit card.  Use of their CC would give a 3 cent / gallon discount on gas and a 5% discount on items from the store.  Usually I ignore these offers as I use only one CC card for everything, but I decided this was worth doing since I'm a frequently flyer.

About the time I was ready to submit my application, I got an email  from Kwik Trip Rewards saying if I did it that day I could qualify for an incentive of FREE ICE CREAM for a year.
I eat a little ice cream and always buy it at KT, so that pushed me into clicking on the send button to submit my credit card application.

Some time passed, I forgot all about all of it, but then got an envelope in the mail with my new Kwik Trip Credit / Rewards Card enclosed.  
So, I signed it and put it in my wallet.  
The free ice cream deal had slipped my mind.

Then, here came the Kwik Trip Rewards email.


I didn't remember the details of the offer, but thought, 
wow, 
free ice cream for a year, that will be fun.

But then I read the fine print.

Free ice cream for a year, 
1 free 1.5 QT of ice cream PER WEEK.
52 weeks of 1 free 1.5 QT of ice cream!

What?
I expected it to be 1 per month, did I read that right?
I've re-read this email about 5 times.
Almost $200 of free ice cream, crazy.

So, for Week 1 of my 'Only Good Things' will be the free ice cream Kwik Trip reward.  
I guess it could be what I write every week, ha!  

This is way to much ice cream for one person, 
so now, I'm going to be looking for ways to share my reward with others.
What a fun start to 2020.

I stopped at Kwik Trip on the way home from basketball on Tuesday night and picked up my first container of free ice cream, only 51 more to go!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails