Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Merry Christmas Eve

I had a very nice Christmas Eve.
After a very foggy afternoon drive to Luck, I better understand why Santa needed Rudolph.
By design, I arrived a little early at the West Denmark Lutheran Church.  I know that the pianist plays Christmas music for about 30 minutes before the service, so after greeting a few friends, I found a seat near the piano and settled in for an enjoyable listen.
 I could see she was using a Jim Brickman book of Christmas music, he's a favorite of mine.


This is the church, although not the building, that I grew up in.
All Christmas Eves were spent with this congregation.
The balsam fir is what I always thought a Christmas Tree should be, and here, decorated with danish heart baskets and white lights, simple and perfect.

After church I headed to Kyle's to join the rest of the family for dinner and celebration.
We were lucky enough to be on Santa's route.
Ivan telling Santa he wants an RC Car.


Jens telling Santa what he wanted.


Jude didn't spend long on Santa's lap
 I encouraged the older kids to do a photo with Santa, 
but a better idea was for all the kids to get in on a Santa pic.

Milena, Megan, Elliana, Jack
Owen, Gage, Gussie, Santa, Jude, Ivan
Anders, Emily, Stella, Jens, Ruby
 Just as I was leaving, Noah arrived, he got busy spending some play time with Jude.




It was a fun evening with good food, good friends and lots of family.
Life is Good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails