Sunday, December 29, 2019

Off the Grid

My cellphone starting acting weird the night before my birthday.
By Friday morning, it was rebooting itself about every 10 minutes.
I took a trip to Eau Claire the afternoon of my birthday to go to the Verizon store.
It was an efficient visit and I left knowing a replacement phone would be shipped to me.
Since it was the weekend and an ice storm, I knew the phone would not arrive until Monday.
But, it was no big deal, I was still able to read my text messages and use the phone a little.
However, that did not last.
By Saturday morning, the phone was dead.
So, I spent Saturday off the grid.  It was nice.  I watched 3 movies back to back to back.  There had been an overnight ice storm and it wasn't safe to even step outside. My driveway was coated with ice, it looked like a hockey rink, right after the Zamboni does its work.
I enjoyed watching The Big Sick, The Peanut Butter Falcon and Brittany Runs a Marathon.  
All were very enjoyable.
By Sunday morning, the temperature had risen, it was raining and the ice was gone.  
Crazy weather for December in Wisconsin.

Today, much to my delight, my amaryllis popped open.  It is truly beautiful and joyful.

So, here we go, ending the year and starting a new one.
All in all, I'd say the old year was not too bad, 
but I wouldn't mind a little less trouble with the house plumbing in the new year.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails