Thursday, December 19, 2019

30+ years

When my niece Angela was pre-teen, it was a very big deal to her when I came to visit.  I tried to come annually over the New Year to join the family for 'Cabin Christmas' a beloved tradition for many years.  We would draw names,  make hand made or often baked gifts,  spend the New Year holiday at Gus's cabin cross country skiing and sledding and laughing.

A few times I came for Christmas Eve and stayed a few days.  One year, when Angie was about 8 or 9, she gave me a pair of earrings (for either my birthday or Christmas) as a gift. It was a big deal as she had picked them out herself.  

Today I'm wearing those earrings.  I nearly always wear them on Christmas Eve, and have done so from the time she gave them to me.  I'll be wearing them again this year. 
Today, I'm headed to play bridge with friends, with bells on. 


It's a little thing,  but it's a good thing. 





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails