Monday, December 23, 2019

An Ode to 2019


A long winter’s nap started the year
As we had snow and cold even though it felt like Spring should be near.

The temperatures dove below zero for a quite spell
            And several inches of snow covered the ground quite well.

Out my front window 12/14/2019

My bird-feeders are busy and constantly needing a fill,
It’s worth the trouble, seeing a Cardinal, it is definitely a thrill.


The feeding goes on year round, and a heated bird bath is very worthwhile,
Doves sitting in a circle like friends at a hot tub makes me smile.


Another constant in my life are the two cats who live here,
Barley and Hops are good company, when they don’t disappear.

The cats love the fireplace

Several months of the year are filled with sports,
Girls and boys, youth and high school, on several game courts.

Watching the games through the camera lens,
Posting photos on Facebook to share with family & friends.   


Our Luck high school boys came close to a trip to state to play hoops, losing is so sad,
But later in the year they would capture the 8-Person Football Championship trophy, then we got glad.

Quilt camp twice a year is a trip I look forward to, planning lots of construction,
Sewing, dawn to the wee hours, is so much fun and I’m always pleased with my weekend production.

Moon Flower / Datura
My yard continues to be a fun summertime project with always something that needs to be done,
New-to-me, Moon Flower, they started blooming from a gifted seed, and my heart was won.

Adding new perennials, Peony, Hosta, Iris, Lily and more
My yard is maturing into a garden of flowers, fun to explore.





Wisconsin Point Light House

Lake Superior pulls at me to visit, a couple of trips I did take,
Laila visited this Fall and the sisters got a good viewing of the big Lake.











***
I’m grateful to have a comfortable life here in Wisconsin, with only minor health concerns and a family that is not only very fun to hang out with but that keeps me busy & always includes me.

For the blow by blow of my year, you can visit https://lifeinricelakewi.blogspot.com/ or I’m on Facebook as myself and @wjophotography is my Facebook sports photography page.

I am thankful for the old year and looking forward to the new decade. 


Happy Holidays & a Peaceful New Year is my wish for you.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails