Monday, July 29, 2019

Insanity, Puke and The Moon


I'm not sure if you can tell from this photo,
but the free...forced on me...tomato plants, variety Ultima, are going crazy.
I transplanted them from one big pot into this largest pot I had on hand,
and they are outgrowing their home quite quickly, already at least 4 feet tall.
Requiring daily water, and growing like crazy, these two plants are INSANE.
The greenhouse owner who pushed these two plants on me, for free, told me that 
"You will be back next year begging for plants of this variety"
I'm starting to think she might be right.
Lots of small tomatoes on the vine,
if nothing else, I can have fried green tomatoes.
 The Erickson Memorial gardens in Rice Lake are at their peak.
My driveway is lined with Day Lily clumps given to me by Gary & Mary Erickson out of their gardens over the past 6+ years.
Soon, I should split some of the larger clumps, 
but for this year, I am just enjoying the show.

My wild flower & pampas grass ditch project is coming along.
Right now there are Beebalm, Black Eyed Susan, tall Phlox and some other wild flowers in bloom.
The grasses are spreading and look thick, should be pretty when they get their plumage.
It still looks a lot like weeds in a photo, and it is a fair amount of that too, but looking better every year.

***
I've had the cutting board on the island for a couple of months I think.
A few projects have been sewn, but this little idea has been sitting here, taunting me, driving me insane, so today I finally sewed it up.
I have several baby bibs cut out, in preparation for an arrival over in Luck this fall.
It is a new pattern to me, but I think it works nicely.
Little lambs on one side and micro cloth on the other.  Velcro closure, and a little fancy stitching around the edge makes for a soft and sweet bib, all ready for puke.

 A few more to sew, and then that project can go away for awhile
and I can get my sanity back....




Could not be easier, layer your fabrics right side together.
Draw around the template, stitch on that line.
Trim off excess fabric.
Turn.
Wallah!
 ***

Moon Flower, 
how appropriate 
as we have been talking about 
the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 landing on the moon.

 I love this plant.
The foliage is beautiful and according to my LHS Class of 1971 classmate, Debra Baker, they reseed easily.  She sent me a packet of seeds last fall, and I am so happy she did.
I can't wait to see the blooms, I'll be sure to post some photos.
I'm already planning where to plant the seeds next year.

Life is Good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails