Monday, August 20, 2018

Sitting Courtside

On Sunday, after church at West Denmark, I stopped at Kyle and Heather's to see their new addition.
When Kyle sold the pontoon boat, his kids were sad, but he promised that the money from the boat would be used for a basketball court in the backyard of their new home.  And he kept that promise.
The cement was poured a while ago and the hoops were added this week.  
It's huge.
  I think a regulation court for high school play is 84 feet, and this court is 60 feet in length.  
Wow.
This is the view from a deck chair at Kyle's house.
I'll call it my courtside seat.

While I was there, Jack and Jude and Jens were messing around on the court.

 I guess hanging from the rim is what little basketball players aspire to.

It was Jens Henry Valdemar's birthday on Sunday too, he's 7.
He got to have one of his birthday gifts while I was there.
They say is a a wizard with a Lego kit.
  
Although his face doesn't show it, he was excited about these goggles too.


Jens is a little shy around me, but gave me a chance to take a photo.
Before I left I leaned down to tell him a secret, and whispered the happy birthday song in his ear,
I got a laugh out of that.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails