Saturday, August 4, 2018

Crafting

Over a year ago, I bought a lap blanket at The Little Gift Shop in Solon Springs so that I could copy the idea.  
This week, I finally got organized with the fabric and the crochet hooks and started the project.  Piercing the fabric and crocheting a row is harder than it looks, although, I'm getting better as I go, so I can see practice helps. 
I think I'm going a little faster too. 
It will be interesting to see how row 2 goes and then I have to decide on a pattern for the trim. 

 

Sunday Update:
I made the first round, and starting on round 2, just single crochet stitches.
Round 3 will be the fancy row.


Today, I was planning on cutting some fabric to make A Danish Heart runner for myself as I had given away the ones I made this Spring. 
I knew I needed some contrasting fabric and started thinking about the fact that I have no idea what yardage I have on hand. 

I started thinking about how to store the fabric I've been hauling home. 
I did a quick search on Google and it looked like the best thing to do is to sort the fabric by color. 

So, I decided to do it. 
I hauled all the fabric into the guest room and spread out on the bed. 
Not me, the fabric. 
I started sorting by color or by kit. 


I used dish pans to stack the yardage, and used my other containers for kits/projects. 



Once I had everything sorted I stacked the dishpans in the closet, and now I can easily look for fabric. And, I can see I have wayyyyyy too much fabric, so I'm done buying yardage. 



A few specialty fabrics (mostly holiday themes) ended up in bags on the shelf. 
It worked and I found the contrasting fabric I needed. 

So, I got busy cutting and putting together a few pieces. 
I had a lot of help, Hops has to lay right on my feet. 


I managed to pull together a floating Danish Hearts runner, it still needs batting, quilting and a binding, but I am pleased with the piecing part. 


I had a productive day, and even made a run to Goodwill to drop off a couple of bags of items and picked up fresh sweet corn for supper. 

Life is good. 

Sunday update... 
Got this project done. 
I love Danish Hearts. 



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails