Monday, August 6, 2018

Have I said how much I hate mice?

Well, we had the great mouse murder here about 2 weeks ago 
and since then I've been on alert when the cats act even a little bit out of character.

Saturday morning I noticed Barley was laying between the dresser and the bookshelf facing the wall.  I thought this meant one of two things.  
She could be sick, cats do weird things when they don't feel well.  
She could be on the hunt.  
Well, as the day went on, it became clear that she was on the hunt.  Another mouse, are you kidding me?  So, I got a mousetrap baited up and put it as far back to the wall as I could reach in the general area of her prowling.  
I fully expected to have the 3am wake up with Barley catching her mouse.
Sunday morning, I went to check the trap and YAY, I caught the mouse.
So, we avoided all that other gross business during the last mouse event.

6 more mouse traps arrived from Amazon today, 
and I'm getting some spray foam to re-seal up under the sink.

It's always something, but at least in this case, it wasn't a murder.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails