Wednesday, August 1, 2018

More to do

Once a person makes a list of all the home improvements that need done, it gets real.  My list was pretty long once I took it from my head to paper.
But slowly, I'm working through my list.
The trim around the garage door has been peeling for several years.  Finally, it moved to the top of the list.  This was not a fun job and if I had anyone to hire as handyman, this would have been a hired job.
Anyway, I scraped and sanded.  It was in very rough shape.



 Then I ran across 2 metal hearts that were forged by Erling Grumstrup in his blacksmith shop in West Denmark.  He made these for my Colorado house and I hung them in place of shutters on either side of a window.  They had been hanging on a nail in my garage since I moved here.
I decided they might look nice on the garage.
 I'm pleased.
***

The trim on the garage service door had never been painted, ever.
So, it took a LOT of coats.
I'm still surprised about how that project went.  I thought a couple of coats and I'd be done.
Nope.



The first coat looked like I was painting with tea.
The second coat wasn't a lot better.


I actually think I should have put on a 5th coat, but I had reached my limit after 4.

It looks good.
Now the metal furniture looks like it needs a coat of red paint.
It's always something.

I'll add it to the list.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails