Saturday, March 6, 2021

Emily made my year!

I had a really nice surprise last night. 

My great niece Emily called me as she was driving back to Eau Claire after having been home in Luck for a night. She wanted to stop and see me. 

She said, "we can sit outside & socially distance ", and I said "well you can be in the house, I'm vaccinated" and then she said "I'm vaccinated too!"  Woo hoo!

So, we had a lovely visit here in the living room, we even hugged!! We didn't wear masks and it was so delightful. She was here for a couple of hours and we just chatted. It was very good medicine for my soul.

Emily was the last person that I saw before starting quarantine and now she is the first that I've seen after vaccination. So, it was pretty cool that she decided to call me and stop in. She is doing course work towards a Nursing degree, living in a house with three other roommates, and maybe partying like a wild college girl on the weekends. She kinda reminds me of Drew Barrymore, very strong-minded and a little on the Wild Side. 

Her visit made for a very fun evening at this house.  It had been 358 days since I last saw Emily.

Life is good!

♥️♥️

In other good news, 
 great niece Stella was recognized as Student of the Week in The Leader newspaper. 

♥️♥️



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails