Monday, March 22, 2021

Better

 374 days ago I started self quarantining.  

Today, I got an email thanking me for getting the vaccine.  

374 days ago I was not imagining this day.  I was using the last square of toilet paper, sewing up terry cloth squares for my new 'green' toilet wipes, I was making my first trip out to buy milk and eggs at the Kwiktrip  and we were starting to hear that we should wear masks.  

Today, we are hearing how many Americans have completed vaccinations. 

I like today better.

One thing that I won't ditch after covid, is the home delivery of meal kits.  I love the menu diversity & variety, the new cooking skills, and the no-waste of groceries.

Sunday night's Hellofresh meal was 'chimichurri barramundi'. 

Barramundi is a fish, a firm fleshed fish that is a member of the sea bass family and has a buttery flavor. I have to say I did think the fish was very good and had a nice texture. 
The chimichurri is a little sauce/condiment that you make with cilantro, cumin, lemon zest, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic. That was a garnish for the fish after it was cooked. 
It was a really good meal and also had roasted carrots and couscous. (I really like couscous.)

Something all new to me tonight.

I am planning on pausing my meal kits as soon as the weather turns too hot, but I sure have enjoyed them and plan to start up again next fall&winter.  

I'm a better cook and look forward to trying new menu choices.
Thanks to quarantining. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails