Friday, March 12, 2021

Day 1, Year 2, Covid-19 Pandemic

 Yes, today is the anniversary of the initial shutdowns in 2020. I spent that evening in 2020 in Hayward with the family watching the Luck Cardinals play basketball in the sectional semifinal Tournament game. Emily drove to Rice Lake from Eau Claire and we traveled to Hayward together. While we were at the game, and on the way home, we were learning how our world was changing, in a very big way.

One year later, I am happy to say, that I have avoided contracting the covid-19 virus and now I am fully vaccinated against the corona virus.

Much has changed in my life over the past year in terms of my routines and my outings. But I'm not going to list all of those changes here. 
I'm just happy to be well, safe, and very comfortable in my home.

I do want to mention one thing that has been a very good change for me and that is my subscriptions to meal kits. I have really enjoyed the Hellofresh brand kits. Yesterday, the recipe was a rice bowl with a fried egg on the top. I had assumed that I would be supplying the egg but when I opened my brown paper bag, there was a tiny, two-holer egg carton with brown eggs nestled safely inside.



Can you believe how cute this tiny egg carton is?  And, the eggs were really good, the yolks were almost orange. Those free range hens must be getting some good feed.
Life's little pleasures.



So, here ends The Pandemic - Year One, and begins year 2.
Be well.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails