Tuesday, March 2, 2021

And so it goes

I'm reminded of what my Dad said to me after his wife suffered a catastrophic stroke.
"I realize this has happened,  I know I can't do anything about it,  and now I just have to get my mind right about it."
And so it goes here.  A good night of sleep helps and still having one cat for company is good medicine for my heart. 
Then,  a kind and thoughtful gesture from Colorado friends arrived this morning. 
Not everyone understands the heartbreak of losing a pet, although most, if not all, of my close friends surely do.


 Barley is, of course,  very interested in the flowers.  
It didn't take long before she was chomping on the greenery. 
The flowers have since been moved to a less accessible location. 

This arrangement is very pretty and includes a flower that is new to me. 
It reminds me a bit of a cactus flower. 


This is called King Protea according to my friend from Maui.

All in memory of a sweet kitty named Hops, who always made me smile. 

When it got too warm near the fireplace, Hops would often move back to cool off.


Thank you all for your concern and expressions of sympathy.
Barley and I are lucky to have you all in our lives. 


Peace ☮ 







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails