Sunday, January 19, 2020

Stella

My great niece Stella is the 3rd in a family of 6 kids and the oldest girl.  
As soon as she could read, she was an avid consumer of books, often found up early on a weekend morning, snuggled on the couch with a good book while the rest of the family slept in a bit.  
I remember her loving the movie The Wizard of Oz and enjoying it time after time after time...after time, when she was at Grandma's house.  
She's no longer a little girl and is a responsible babysitter who is always in demand.  She learned a lot about child care by being the older sister of 3 younger siblings; she also has a quiet and calm demeanor that no doubt works well in her sitting jobs.  
I wouldn't say that she is an extrovert, but she always is nice to me when I visit.  So, maybe a little shy, I'm not sure, as she doesn't really know me that well.  For sure she is polite and kind whenever I am around.  
For the first 2 or 3 years I lived in Wisconsin, Stella would not make eye contact with me.  It was a little game (for me).  I would try to talk to her, she would look away or down.  Then I would talk to someone else in the room and out of the corner of my eye, I would see her looking at me.  
Stella is a hard worker and a good money saver.  I hope she will continue to love books and reading.  I'm looking forward to knowing her as she grows into a young woman.  
On Thursday, I got to see Stella play basketball, a couple of photos that I snapped are below.  
I think she has a lot of potential, on and off the court.







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails