Friday, January 17, 2020

A Northern Visitor

Northern Cardinals are kind of celebrities around here.  
If you have Cardinals coming to your feeders on a regular basis, you can make other birdwatchers very jealous.  I'm lucky to see them with some regularity in my yard.  They prefer to eat on the ground, so I have a pile of sunflower seeds under a deck table for them, a little protected from the snow, but also out of my line of sight.  
Today, a male Cardinal came to visit and while most of the time they are quite skittish, this guy sat a spell.  I took several photos that were okay, but then he found a perch even closer to the living room window and gave me a chance to take some nice beauty shots.




 It's hard to beat the sight of a Northern Cardinal on a winter day Up North.
Life is Good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails