Sunday, January 12, 2020

Girls Basketball

Things have abruptly changed for this season.  Great niece Alyxis is out for the season with a torn ACL, meniscus & a bruised femur.  It's heartbreaking to see her miss her senior season after watching her work hard, from youth basketball to Varsity, to become a very good player.  I'm hopeful that the surgery to repair her tendon will go smoothly and that she will once again be on the court in her college years.

So, sadly, I probably will not see many more Spring Valley games this season.  

I try to see the Luck girls play whenever I can, I have come to know those girls and many are the great granddaughters of friends.  My 2nd cousin, Ronnie, is the varsity coach.  Friday night, the Luck girls took on Grantsburg, always a tough competitor.  It was fun to watch the Luck girls take control of the game early on and maintain a lead with a final score margin that tells the story of a solid victory.

My favorite photo of the night.
The more I watch girls basketball, the more I love it.
I never played full court basketball.
My high school years were pre Title 9.
We played half court basketball in GAA, Girls Athletic Association, but that was an after school event, and since I rode the school bus, it was not something I could participate in very often.
The world has changed in 50 years, now if the fans would just give the girls their attention.
I am always entertained and impressed by their teamwork.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails