Wednesday, January 1, 2020

First Bird

I woke up to 14 degrees but the sun was trying to shine.  The first bird of 2020 was a Downy Woodpecker followed close by a couple of Black Capped Chickadees.  I always write down the first bird, it is often a Downy as I have a good crop of them hanging around the feeders this time of year.

I am spending the day watching football.  The Badgers will soon be playing in The Rose Bowl against Oregon.  Exciting for those kids and it is amazing how many Badger fans are in Pasadena today.

I got my replacement cell phone yesterday afternoon, it was nice to finally have a cell again and I think I have it restored with all the apps I was using before the crash.  I'm also working on my new laptop, installing software and learning the ropes of Windows 10. 
It all takes a little time and patience.

My Amaryllis has been a star this year.  Several big buds opening into beautiful flowers today.
Just amazing, and so far the cats have not bothered it, also amazing.
Six blooms, wow, a record for me.


Happy 2020.
Be sure you are registered to vote, it is going to be a big year.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails