Sunday, January 6, 2019

Milli

Each of the great nephews and great nieces, in their own way, delight me with their personalities, likes and dislikes.  I don't get to see some of the kids that often, and Milli is one of those.  She's very unique.  I remember visiting Kaija and Mike's house about 5 years ago.  4 of the kids were busy with toys and noise, and over in the corner of the living room, little Milli was quietly focused on constructing a jigsaw puzzle.  
She's the little girl that hugs back, and for a nice long hug, whenever I see her. 
I feel a special connection to her in some hard to describe way.

On Saturday, I went to watch her big sister, Charli, play basketball.  
Milli sat by me and while we had a little conversation, it was mostly just quiet.  
Off and on, Milli worked on some artwork.
Milli was prepared with her drawing supplies.




Milli started drawing a sweet scene with tree & tire swing.

It's hard to see, but an owl is in the knothole of the tree
and another little white bird is flying in just to the left of Milli's thumb.
I reminded Milli that Saturday was the very last day that she would ever be 10 years old, 
and I was glad we were spending it together.

Happy 11th birthday Milli!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails