Sunday, December 31, 2023

An Ode to 2023

An Ode to 2023

 

Here we are at the end and beginning of 2023 & 2024,

I have much to be grateful and thankful for.

 

From me there is good news, our family tree is doing well,

The great-great niece & nephew layer continues to swell.

New babies are a source of joy in this world for parents and kin,

I'm happy for the new family and the lives that now begin.

 

In other news, there once was a fancy machine made by Husqvarna,

It was recently purchased by a seamer named Wanda.

My sewing hobby is more fun now and has moved up in prior-i-tee,

Like anything, having the best tools for the job is the enjoyment key.

 

It has many options and settings and is called a Brilliance seventy-five,

And, well, sometimes, is it AI?, it seems like it is alive.

I have discovered sewing on Zoom and I find it is a craze,

Surprisingly, Covid did leave behind a few tools that still amaze.

 

I have new online friends with skills in sewing that do not compare,

And we meet regularly via Zoom to chat, sew, and to share.

With friends, I traveled to quilt camp twice, one Fall and one Spring,

Sewing all day, and into the night, and finishing many projects that I bring.

 

I continue to enjoy watching youth sports from the bleachers,

I keep busy snapping photos of kids in action; they are such interesting creatures.

Live streaming makes for seeing more games without driving a mile,

A wonderful thing and these opportunities to stay involved, do make me smile.

 

The year marked the loss of several of my closest friends and dearest pals,

It is the worst downside of aging; I remember now that Dad did tell.

I still feel young in my mind, sometimes I find the years pass by too fast,

If only the human body was better engineered, to, pain-free, last and last.

 

Friends and family like you are a priceless gift never ending,

My sincere wishes for peace and health, to you I am sending.


Here's to a healthy, happy & safe New Year.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails