Monday, November 11, 2019

Veteran's Day

I spent the morning in Luck attending the Veteran's Day Program presented by the school kids.  
Gage was the emcee and did a nice job.  
Stella and Ruby and Jens and Jude and Owen and Megan all had a part in the program.  
I am always impressed with the work that goes into the program and I enjoy seeing the kids.
Arriving at the school, greeters are at the doors.  The Seniors greet each person who comes to the program.  After the program, the Seniors form an honor guard and shake the hand of each veteran as they leave.  It's moving and I needed a tissue more than once.

After the program, I met Lois, Heather and her sister Jessica for lunch at The Wren.  Tasty food and a nice visit with the girls.

Then I stopped at the cemetery and dressed up Dad and Ev's bench for Christmas.
 It was 15 degrees and a brisk wind at the cemetery, 
I didn't spend any longer than it took to get the wreaths in place.

Once home, I did a few chores and then was lucky enough to spot a Cardinal out the living room window.







A male Cardinal sure brightens up the day, with or without the sun.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails