Monday, November 4, 2019

More Luck Football

The Cardinals keep on winning!  Friday night was level 2 of a 4 level playoff for 8-man football.  Luck hosted the Northwoods/Solon Springs Evergreens.  It has not been often that Luck has lost the lead in a game, but Northwoods did get ahead for a while in the first quarter.  The NW quarterback has a strong arm and he's accurate, his wide receivers were not able to secure their catches, it made a big difference, and once the Luck team got the lead, they had the momentum in the game.

I always take photos from the opponents side of the field in the first half.  I like having the home team and fans in the background of my photos.  I also like to stand among the other team's fans and hear what they are saying.  No one knows me and because of my camera, most assume I am a photographer possibly of neutral allegiance.  

This game I had a moment of deja vu standing on the East side of the field.  When my brothers played football at Luck, some 50+ years ago, the Luck fans stood on the East side of the field, closest to the lake.  I can remember standing with my Mom, she would wear a long wool coat, and watching the boys play, always hoping that they would not get hurt.

The difference now is that I stand there with many layers of modern technologically advanced winter wear, boots that are rated for -30 degrees and I watch a great nephew play ball.  But I'm still hoping no one gets hurt.

After the game, the family gathers up for a few photos with Gage.
Cousin Anders, brother Jens, Sisters Ruby & Stella with #6

Mom and Dad with Gage
 After the group shots, the girls wanted their own photos with #6.
Gage & Stella

Gage and Ruby

The Seniors posed for a quick photo, whatta a band of brothers.
This week the Cardinals host Shell Lake, on neutral ground in Cumberland.
It's a shorter drive for me, and a really big game for the Luck kids.
If they win this one, they play for all the marbles!

Go Cards Go!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails