Saturday, August 3, 2019

Scenic Drive, I needed a vacation


I drove to Tofte, MN on Friday afternoon to join Kyle & family for a 1 night vacation on Lake Superior.
The arrangement was that we would meet at Blue Fin Bay Resort.
Along the way I spotted on of the big freighters that I've seen entering the Duluth Harbor via their webcam.  This one is usually carrying wind turbine parts.
Her name is Happy River.
Most of the great lake freighters are deep red and black, these Big Lift vessels really stand out in a crowd.

 I stopped at a busy Scenic Wayside on Highway 61 that has a view of Split Rock Lighthouse.

When I got out of the car I noticed a lot of bird activity in some bushes. For quite some time, I stood and watched & photographed a flock of Cedar Waxwings. 











While most of the tourists were shooting at the lighthouse, or taking selfies with the lighthouse, I had my back to it and was watching these birds gorge themselves on ripe berries.


Eventually, I did take a shot of the Split Rock Lighthouse, always a stunning view.

More on our 1 day vacation later, but it was very fun.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails