Saturday, August 31, 2019

Fingers Crossed

I keep all of my photographs on an external hard drive.  About a year ago, my external drive was getting full and sluggish.  A little too late, I quit using it and bought a new 4TB drive.  I was able to transfer some of my photos from the old to the new, but then that quit working.  There are at least a few years worth of photos left on the old drive.  I knew I needed a professional to see if they could retrieve those files, but of course, it got put aside and forgotten.
Recently someone asked me for a photo I had taken in 2015, and of course, that is one of the years I cannot access.
So, I took both drives to a local computer repair shop in Cameron.  Walking into this place was like nothing I've ever seen before.  One whole wall was circuit boards, nailed side by side, like tiles.  That was interesting, but all over in the shop were stacks of computers and hard drives and laptops.  It was mind boggling.
As soon as I walked in the door, one of the guys came to see what I needed.  He quickly hooked my hard drive up to a computer and in seconds had diagnosed the problem.  He said there was a good chance that they could get all my files, but it might take time.  So, I left both hard drives there and I'm hoping for the best.  As I'm sitting here with all of my photographs in the hands of someone else, I have realized that having only one storage for all those photos is kind of crazy, and I'll invest in a back up drive now, I don't want to be in this position ever again.
Fingers crossed that on Tuesday I can pick up my hard drives and bring all my photos back home.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails