Sunday, August 25, 2019

A trip to Mellen

I drove to Mellen, WI to watch the 
Luck Cardinals take on the Mellen Granite Diggers in a non conference football game.  
It was a sunny, warm night for the players and fans.


Great nephew Gage, #6, is playing this year after a long sabbatical from football.


It was sunny and warm, well actually, it was hot.
I was impressed with the officiating crew, they took more than one extended break to give the players time to get helmets off and water in.

The game was a run away.
Final score  Cardinals 72 to  Granite Diggers 32.

One highlight of the game was a touchdown by #34.
He has downs syndrome and is a Senior this year.
I'm sure he'll never forget running that ball across the goal line.

After the game, I met friends Rick & Mary for Friday Night Fishfry.
I stayed overnight at their house after we ate.

Mary had found an old photo of us riding horse together in about 1967.
Mary & Wanda going for a ride

The next day, Mary and I spent the morning in Ashland; 
shopping at the Food Co-op, Quilt Shop, & Humane Society Thrift Shop.  
We had breakfast at the Black Cat Coffee Shop, 
I had a delicious Burrito with chorizo and red pepper sauce.

We stopped at a nice little beach to take a couple of snaps.


On my way home I stopped to do a wellness check at our Sandcastle cabin.
All was well, in fact it looked beautiful, I was sorry I couldn't spend the night.

I dropped in on Craig and Mary Jo before leaving Gordon.
After a good chat & a couple of their private stash of Yuengling, I finally headed for home.

It was a fun outing, now I have about 1000 football photos to weed through and pick out the ones to edit and post for the kids.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails