Friday, March 31, 2023

Jude's Joy

Last year, at quilt camp, I sewed my first-ever tee-shirt quilt.
Kyle and Heather printed Jude's Joy tee-shirts for about 3 years 
to support Rare Disease Day February 28.

Many in the Luck community donated and then got a tee-shirt.  I gathered up some of the shirts and brought them to camp to make a quilt for Jude.

Each panel was a unique size so this was a big of a challenge to me to make it all look planned and balanced.  I found some fabric on-line that with the lyrics to 'Hey Jude' by the Beatles.  The white fabric has little hearts embossed on it.

IN PROCESS at quilt camp

Adding a border to make it a little bigger and add some interest.

I had it quilted by Tammy at Quilting Up North in Port Wing, WI.  She's my favorite long arm quilter and always does a great job.  We agreed to use orange thread to give the larger white areas a bit of interest.

Before I got around to adding the border, I had lunch with quilting pals, Sharon and Mary, and Sharon was talking about using a special fabric that you can print on using your computer printer.
I decided to add a collage of photos on the back of the quilt showing the Jude shirts the first year.  The entire basketball team wore them and many of the fans as well.


I decided on a fun border and matching binding. 

Sewing the binding on is always hard to get to.  But, when I finally sit down to do it, I don't mind at all.

The Photo Collage fit nicely in the back of the quilt.

I added my label on the other lower corner of the quilt.


The completed quilt.  I am pleased, I hope Jude loves it.

A little note that I will attach to the quilt when I present it.
Quilts should be used and loved and washed, ha!


Life is good.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails