Wednesday, March 8, 2023

And it is smart

 I have a new (to me) toy & I am having some fun!

⌨️ ->>no emoji for a typewriter, 🤔.


I always wanted one of these in the 1970s but they were too spendy. 

Not so spendy now, purchased from the Chequamegon Humane Association thrift shop in Ashland.

(I'm not as precise on the keyboard as I once was,  but I've ordered the correction tape to help me until I get more practice. )

I have not mastered all the functions yet, but it has more features than I could have imagined.  We would call it smart in today's lingo.

$35 donation to the Chequamegon Humane Society, some of the best money that I have spent in quite some time.  A smart choice.

Someone asked me if I ever used a typewriter at Coors....

Sure did, for about 10 years. I think our first computers were brought in around the mid 80s, and they were DOS based, it wasn't until Windows software was available to us in the later 80s that the computer started being the tool of choice.

One method of communication with our staff was to post memos on the bulletin board.  These were either hand written, not every one had typing skills, or they were typed by the admin assistant.  Only a few of us in the management team used the typewriter.

At some time, before Coors, I got a job as a production typist at the Federal Center in Denver. I was typing on forms documenting land data, they had to be exact. The forms were carbon layered, 3 or 4 thick. It was fast paced.  I improved my skills during that short term job. 

 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails