Saturday, October 1, 2022

Saturday Discovery

 Today I was getting rid of some aging products out of the refrigerator.  I usual take food like that to the edge of the woods & dump it.  Everything always disappears, raccoons probably clean up most of the left overs.

As I was standing there today soaking in the colors of fall,  I had a feeling that something was very different.  It finally dawned on me that the brush pile was gone,  completely gone!

I started piling brush on this area more than 10 years ago and with every tree trimming project since then, the pile had grown.   I liked having the pile as it was a shelter for many critters.  All winter,  I watch birds flying in and out of the brushy pile.   

I guess my lawn guy decided it needed to go.  Who knows why.  But it is gone,  only some small pieces of twigs are left. 
It's so crazy.  Maybe it looked unsightly to him?  I have no idea.  He was here one day last week mowing down all the lilies along the driveway & some pushing back of the woods.  I only saw him cleaning up around the septic tank lids, but later noticed that the Siberian Lily patch, out by the road, was trimmed to the ground too.  I guess he moved the brush pile too? 😲
Some critters are in search of new nests now.

My Hydrangea are so pretty. They were exempt from the big cut back.


These grapes are so picturesque.
I'll leave them for the birds,  but I've enjoyed watching them ripen.

It is officially Fall weather 🍂🍁🔥.
This bed sits empty all summer,  but now it is full again. 🐈‍⬛

One more trail cam photo,  
Doe, A Deer, A Female Deer

🎶🎶

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails