Sunday, October 30, 2022

Port Wing Trip

 I took a drive to Port Wing on Saturday to drop off a quilt top at Up North Quilts to have it sandwiched with batting and long arm quilted.  Tammy is a very friendly business owner, in a very small town on the shores of Lake Superior.



There is a gas station / store next door.  The only bathroom in the area and also they sell Yogi Tea, which I love.  They always decorate for Halloween, although it was pretty calmed down this year.  They did have fresh fish that day, or feet, hands, eyeballs, your choice.


Jackson was playing in a playoff football game in Columbus, WI.
I was able to get it on my phone but only intermittently as cell service Up North is sketchy, as best.


It was a better game than what the score suggests in this screenshot.

I visted Wisconsin Point and sat on the breakwater steps and watched the game on my phone.
Nice view.




Never fun to have a really great season end in one game, but such is the fate of teams that make the tournaments.

Final score, screenshot


Great Nephew Jack and Gage were headed to Madison so they planned and were able to attend Jackson's game.

2nd cousins, Jack, Jackson, Gage, photo from Glenn

Glenn and Kathy traveled for the game and were delighted to sit with Jack and Gage to watch the game.

Photo from Glenn
Glenn, Jack, Gage, Kathy

Jackson's Mom sent me this photo. 

This is why I like basketball. 

I had a great road trip.  The last few miles were the hardest, but I made it home safely.

We are having unusually lovely fall weather, I hope it lasts well into November.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails