Saturday, October 15, 2022

Charlotte and her volleyball team, The Cardinals

 Great niece Charli is a Junior and an accomplished athlete.  On Thursday, I headed to Spring Valley to watch her play volleyball.  This game was the last of the regular season and both teams were sitting at the top of the conference, so winner takes the conference.  

The gym was full and loud and it was exciting.  E/PC won the first 2 games, Spring Valley rallied to win the 3rd in a really tense, nailbiter.  But the heart breaker 4th was won by Elmwood/Plum City.

Here are a few photos of Charli, #11, on the court.  It was Parent's night too, so much going on.  I'm really glad I was there to capture some of the action.






Charli's little brother Cordell is on the far right.




Boyfriend in the crowd, wearing a Charlotte jersey.



Going for the kill





No Joy



After the game, Charli came up in the bleachers to thank us all for coming, but first had a moment in a big hug with her Mom.  I was crying, she was crying, good grief.  It is hard to see these kids take it so hard. 

I'm off to Quilt Camp tomorrow, I'll have to try to watch a bit of her tournament game on my phone.

Go Cardinals!


It was a sweet gesture to see boyfriend with that Charlotte shirt on though.
High School romance is very cute.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails