Monday, October 31, 2022

Halloween


Halloween is quiet in this neighborhood.  I stopped at the bank today to use the coin sorting machine.  That's the only kind of slot machine I really ❤️ to play! 
I had a cool whip bowl of change & walked away with $70.

The tellers were Repunzel, Elsa, Snow White & Cinderella. I bet they will be very glad to get those costumes off at the end of today. 

Then I did my good deed for the month. ❤️ There is a Facebook group called "Barron county neighbors helping neighbors".   
I have given away a few items, people post that they're needing for something.   There are some folks who really need some assistance, who put their critical needs out for everyone to see and hopefully someone can help them. 
One person, who I've seen offer assistance more than once, is the manager at the local Dollar General store. 
On several occasions, she has offered to buy desperately needed items for people, if they just will come to the store and ask for her. 

 I went from the bank over to the Dollar General store and asked for The Manager. I told her I wanted to help her continue to help folks who need it in our community and I gave her $40 towards that effort. 
I walked away feeling like a million bucks.
💰💰
 It reminded me of the comment that my Aunt AneMarie wrote in Dad's graduation card. back in 1942. She said "help others along the way and you will help yourself".  
Isn't it the truth. 
❤️


In the mail today,  I got an invite to a baby shower for Emily and baby girl. The shower is November 17th, now I must get sewing. 


It's crazy mild and still no hard frost at my house.  I noticed that the Verbena are hanging on. If I had watered them, they would be doing better I suppose.




And the Rosemary looks about the best it has looked all year! 
I'm such a fantastic gardener...I leave plants for dead,  and they defy all odds and thrive. 


Happy 🎃 Halloween! 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails