Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Trees take maintenance

 My favorite maple tree is looking very lovely after a serious haircut.

The tree trimmer was reluctant but agreed to trim a lot of wood out of this tree for me.  He didn't want to ruin a beautifully shaped tree, but I did not want to risk  that this multi-trunked tree might split and be ruined.

I really think the tree looks much better now.

The tree man was funny, for someone who is in the business of cutting down & trimming trees, I felt like he was trying to talk me out of trimming the big maple & removing the maple encroaching on the house.


After the trimming 



This tree has a perfectly shaped crown

Missing in this photo is a maple that was very close to the house. It hung over the roof and now it is a nice open space.  The tree man was not in favor of taking it down either.

The big maple looks good post trimming. A lot of wood, & weight, is gone.

It was quite a process to watch this tree man, 51 years in the business, maneuver that bucket around and handle a chain saw like it was an extension of his arm.


Sad to see those pretty leaves go into the chipper. 
It worked out perfect that he came to do the trimming while the leaves were still on.  I could still see the shape as I pointed out which limbs I wanted taken off.







He started the trimming from the ground & then moved his bucket into position.


The backyard maple went down fast.





This little tree was just too close to the house.


This is the big beauty before her trim.


Now that the big maple is trimmed, it should be good for years to come. 
$525 is a very good price for all work these men did. All the brush and wood is gone, they chipped everything on site.  I will hire them again if needed.
Trees take maintenance, and I have a lot of trees.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails