Sunday, October 10, 2021

Luck Wisconsin

 On Saturday, I took a drive over to Luck.  I wanted to visit the cemetery and see some leaves.

I missed the peak color of the leaves on Park Avenue.  This avenue was lined by Elm trees back when Dad was young.  The Dutch Elm disease took those and, according to Dad, the local Ag Teacher J. Alfred Olson, arranged for the street to be lined with Maple trees.  It is a beautiful part of town and quite a sight in the fall.  During the spring, these trees are tapped for their sap by the local school Ag students.

Note to self:  Next year, take this same shot about a week earlier.

My trip to the cemetery had a surprise.  
The Pansies that the deer ate right down to the dirt, are making a big comeback.
Not sure what these white, daisy plants are, some kind of aster perhaps, regardless they are having a good fall.

The view from Dad & Ev's bench in the fall is always so serene and lovely.  The trees are well turned and many are dropping their leaves.




I added some Fall Festive to the bench at the cemetery.  It won't be long before I'll be going over with wreaths, but for now, this looks a welcome spot of rest.


The blanket of leaves on the ground is remarkable.  Very crunchy and upon closer examination, a variety of colors and shapes.


I ended my trip with a visit and a cold beer at Bruce's deck as we enjoyed the fall weather.  Geese are overhead, the leaves are falling and the sun was shining.
Close to a perfect afternoon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails