Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Think Time

After weeks of procrastination, I finally got in the sewing room and sewed up a suite of items for Megan's graduation.  Or maybe it was weeks of noodling on how and what I planned to make.
One of my bosses at Coors told me one day, "You cannot always be doing things, going to meetings, etc. You need think time. Problems are solved with think time."

Well, this project had a fair amount of think time.  And then it had some sewing time.

This clutch pattern name is called "The Diva Wallet".


The outside is a fabric that looks & feels like cork.


As part of the suite, I also made a "Mini Diva" card holder.



My label is hidden inside the Mini Diva.

I used one of wooden labels inside the Diva Wallet


 Then I switched gears and made a large & small "Adventure Bag".
Inside the large bag I added an elastic pen grabber.





The whole ensemble.

I added handles to the Adventure Bags this time, I really think the handles up the handiness of the adventure bags.

(My great niece Breanna coined the phrase 'Adventure Bags' for these little zippered bags.  I sewed one for her graduation and in her thank you note to me, she thanked me for the adventure bag.  So, forever more, that is what I have named these little bags.)

Inside the wallets.

I used another one of wooden labels on the larger Adventure Bag.
Inside the bags, I added a journal, a deck of playing cards with one of my Cardinal photos,  a  notepad, and a sewing kit.
Inside the Diva Wallet,  I added a page of stamps,  a $5 bill (never give an empty wallet as a gift) and a special coin that wishes the holder Good Luck.
Really a fun project to have think time about & to sew, I hope Megan will  enjoy using these bags & wallets on her many adventures.

🚗🛵⛵🛶✈🪂🚁🚀


Now it is time to start my 'think time' for a couple of wedding gifts that I want to sew.
✂️✂️✂️

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails