Thursday, May 12, 2022

As luck would have it, I spied the Bunting

We had hard rain, lots of lightning last night and some wind.  This morning when I was checking my cameras I saw a recording of 2 Indigo Buntings at the seed plank.  Sadly, the lens of the camera was foggy so it was a poor video.  

I was getting ready to go meet Mary and Rick for breakfast 
when I looked out to see the Bunting was back.




And he brought pals.

 What does it mean if you see an Indigo Bunting?

What does it symbolize to see an indigo bunting? These birds symbolize a mystical meaning of wisdom and spiritual realization


What a treat.  These birds are so blue it is remarkable.  I count my lucky stars that I happened to see them.  I wish that they would hang around, but in the past, they have been just traveling on.

The indigo bunting is a small seed-eating bird in the cardinal family, Cardinalidae. It is migratory, ranging from southern Canada to northern Florida during the breeding season, and from southern Florida to northern South America during the winter. It often migrates by night, using the stars to navigate. Wikipedia
Scientific name: Passerina cyanea
Wingspan: 7-9 inches nhpbs.org
Family: Cardinalidae


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails