Tuesday, May 17, 2022

A nice day for greenhouse hopping

I had lunch with my quilting pals Mary & Sharon today. We met up in Hayward. At first, they were at one restaurant and I went to another.  But we figured it out.   We had a nice visit.  Then I meandered home, I got home at 4pm. It was a full day.  And it was sunny, 70s & a little breeze, perfect weather for greenhouse visits.

After lunch, I stopped to use the bathroom (and get gas)  at Kwiktrip and picked up some plants at the hardware store next door that was having an outdoor garden center. Then I stopped at Weegmans by Sarona and picked up a few more, And then I had seen a little Greenhouse ➡️ sign by the side of 53, not too far North of Rice Lake, so I followed the signs.
I found a cute little Amish Greenhouse.
Shady View.
It's her first year.  She's got nice things and she's very friendly.  I'll go back. 
(Cash or checks/no credit cards.)

These ducklings were not friendly though, they were scaredycats.





I think I have all the plants I need now for the whole year. I just need to fill some pots here and at the cemetery.

 📍📍📍

Yesterday I tried to give blood. I had read that they were testing for antibodies and thought I would be interested and there is a very serious shortage of blood supply right now. 

They have always been happy to have my be positive (B Positive) donation. But I did not know about the rules regarding hearts. You have to have 6 months of no symptoms of any heart problems to be eligible to donate. I flunked that test and probably will continue to flunk that test so I'm officially hanging up my blood donation shoes for good. I'm disappointed because it's such an easy thing to do and it so easily saves lives. I'm proud that I've given as many times as I have over my lifetime and that will have to be good enough. 
I think I'll get involved with volunteering at the local blood drives and that will make me feel like I'm still contributing.

🩸♥️🩸♥️🩸

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails