Saturday, February 29, 2020

Leap Day

I started my Leap Day out with a 'leaping' heart.  
I went to bed late after a basketball game at New Auburn. I was going to watch a little TV and then have a Saturday morning sleepin. 
About 12:15am, I felt my heart shift into high gear. I didn't wait long before getting dressed and heading to the ER. An irregular, rapid heart beat feels linde a pounding bass speaker in your chest, and while it doesn't hurt,  it's not comfortable either.
The ER folks tried a bolus of heart medication to slow things down,  but in the end, I had to have the electric shock to get back in rhythm. 
Since I had eaten late, the doctor wanted to wait until 2am (4 hours after food). So by 2:15am, I was back in rhythm.
This time I was more aware of the shock. The nurse said I yelled pretty loud, I vaguely remember shouting something, hopefully it wasn't anything offensive.
My Fitbit tracked the event, and the shock worked, YAY! 
The ER kept me relaxed and napping, until 6am to be sure I was okay and then I drove myself back home.
Now I have the weekend to rest, basketball tournaments start on Tuesday!  
Last year I had this same problem on March 6th, is it a basketball tournament thing?
I guess I will easily remember my Leap Day 2020.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails